It’s July now, the time of the season when we tell ourselves that we don’t need to invest in a space heater because spring is on the horizon even though we can hear August laughing at us in the distance.
Laugh not, August. Although the ground was frosty this morning the temperatures will be climbing this weekend and Saturday should reach a pleasant 17ºC, nearly warm enough to be a spring day. OK not quite but it’s better than the polar wave we’ve been enduring.
The weekend will end on a slightly chillier note as temperatures will drop a bit on Sunday and breezes will pick up but you should still enjoy the outdoors before Monday rings in the week with feisty winds and persistent showers.
Above: What I imagine I look like walking down Santa Fe on a windy day.
- Thursday: 12º/7ºC and mostly sunny
- Friday: 13º/8ºC and mostly sunny
- Saturday: 17º/7ºC and partly cloudy
- Sunday: 13º/8ºC and mostly sunny with 20 mph winds
- Monday: 10º/9ºC with rain and 32 mph winds