Happy weekend y’all! Here are some suggestions if you feel like coming out the pool or from under your air conditioned rock to socialize in Buenos Aires.
- FAIR: If you’re the literary type, a summer fair dedicated to fanzines, illustrators and independent publishers is taking place in Recoleta’s Patio del Liceo (Santa Fe 2729) from 6PM. Find out more about it here.
- FILM: 1961 French documentary film, Chronique d’un Été, is being screened at the Kino Palais (Posadas 1725) for free at 7PM. Watch the trailer here and take a look at the rest of the program.
- MUSICAL POETRY: Spoken word poetry and music from around the world is on the menu at Vuela el Pez art club (Córdoba 4379) at 8.30PM. Pay what you deem suitable. Click here for more information.
- FILM: The remake of Argentine 1960 drama film, La Patota, is being projected at the Rosedal’s open air cinema at 9PM. The experience is worth it, especially if you bring some beers and empanadas with you.
- MUSIC: For those of you who are into staying up until 7AM dancing to techno, Italian DJ Sasha Carassi will be playing at Crobar (Avenida Colonel M. Freyre) as of midnight.
- MUSIC: If you’re more into reggae then Club del Lobo will be playing at Niceto Club (Niceto Vega 5510) from 8PM. Tickets cost AR$80.
- FOOD FAIR: Did somebody say shrimp crackers?! Happy 4714! Chinese New Year is being celebrated in Belgrano on Saturday AND on Sunday. Be sure not to miss out all food and free entertainment.
- FILM: Indie rock and roll summer film, Beach Town, is being screened at the Kino Palais (Posadas 1725) for free at 7PM. Watch the trailer here and take a look at the rest of the program.
- MUSIC: enjoy live summery music performed by El Hipnotizador Romantico, La Pandilla del Veranor and Lux Raptor, with cold beers and food at Roseti 722 for AR$60. Find the Facebook event here.
- FILM: Superhero blockbuster, The Avengers, is being projected at the Rosedal’s open air cinema at 9PM. Hello there, Mr. Ruffalo. The experience is worth it, especially if you bring some beers and empanadas with you.
- YOU DECIDE: We’re not entirely sure what this is but it looks pretty quirky so check it out. Music? Film? Surprise me. It costs AR$50 and starts at 11PM. PM for address and additional info.
- PHOTO: In Del Golfo al Pacifico, images of migrants traveling from Central America to the United States are being exhibited at the MIFB (Suipacha 1422) from 11AM to 7PM for AR$10.
- MUSIC: What better way to spend your Sunday than chilling in Parque Centenario listening to concerts performed by acoustic musicians from 2PM to 9PM for free. Find more details about the Súper Festival Artístico Musical here.
- FILM: French drama, Tomboy, is being screened at the Kino Palais (Posadas 1725) for free at 7PM. Watch the trailer here and take a look at the rest of the program.
- FILM: Academy Award nominated Argentine film, Wakolda (also known as The German Doctor) is being projected at Casa del Bicentinario (Riobamba 985) at 8PM, for free.
And if you haven’t already been, here are some more options of on-going exhibitions and shows that are definitely worth a visit:
- Salad Days screening at BAMA
- Leo Matiz’s exhibition of Frida Khalo photographs at FaLo
- Francis Alÿs’ exhibition at the MALBA (so worth it)
- Human Bodies exhibition at La Rural
- Menesunda exhibition at the MAMBA (so worth it that it was extended until 22nd May)
Go out there and have yourself a ball you crazy kids.