Skip to main content

Two Dead At The ‘Indio’ Solari Concert: Prosecutor Doesn’t Rule Out More Deaths

By | [email protected] | March 14, 2017 11:56am


In the aftermath of the tragedy that struck the concert hosted by Carlos “El Indio” Solari in the city of Olavarria, where two people died and several others were injured, police continue their investigations to determine who was responsible for it, and the whereabouts of the people that are still missing.

The region’s general prosecutor, Marcelo Sobrino, said his office doesn’t rule out the possibility that more people died. Two people are hospitalized in the city hospital’s intensive care unit and around 200 people are still stuck in Olavarria, waiting to go back to their homes.

When consulted about it in an interview with Radio La Red today, Sobrino said his office “doesn’t rule out the possibility that more people died,” but that “we have to continue investigating in hospitals and morgues to find more information.” “Having missing people, we can’t rule it out,” he added.

Provincial police have been sweeping the venue and its surroundings to try find the people who haven’t returned to their homes or contacted their families. When asked about the number of people involved in this situation, Sobrino said there’s not an official record: “we don’t know how many people are missing. We know because of the people who haven’t been contacted by their family members.” Buenos Aires Province Security Minister, Cristian Ritondo, said that only two people were officially reported missing.

The Defense Ministry informed today that 50 army members have continued helping the remaining attendees to get out of the city. “In the last several hours, army personnel have provided temporary shelter to the 210 people who are still waiting to go back to their homes,” the ministry added in a press release.

In Hot Water

Olavarria City Mayor Ezequiel Galli, one of the main people targeted as responsible for the tragedy, found himself in even hotter water today after press retrieved an audio where he said his administration contemplated the possibility that more people would attend the concert than the venue could hold.

In an interview after his administration locked up the concert, Galli said he was happy about having been able to make it happen, and that they expected “at least 200,000 people.”Galli himself confirmed after the tragedy that 200,000 people was the venue’s maximum capacity. And that’s not all, because minutes later Galli went on to say that people in his administration were even anticipating that twice as many people would arrive in the city.

“I’m right by my political mentor, who said that up to 350,000 people could come, there are even some bets in the city hall to see who guesses the number,” he added. The courts are still investigating Galli’s administration’s responsibility concerning the tragedy, as neither the security nor the emergency services had enough personnel to tackle a potential emergency efficiently. An emergency that ended up happening.