Skip to main content

Exploding Samsung Cellphone Burns 6-Month-Old Baby In Argentina

By | [email protected] | January 24, 2017 4:37pm

Photo via

The Samsung exploding phone fiasco continues to make headlines, this time in Argentina where an exploding phone injured a 6-month-old baby.

A Samsung S5 cellphone was near the infant its battery suddenly exploded, causing moderate burns to the baby’s leg. The phone was not plugged in at the time, according to the child’s father, Nicolás.

The parents were in another room in the house when incident happened and simply thought he had fallen when they heard the baby crying. When they arrived to the scene they saw flames on the mattress and saw that the baby had been burned.

The baby was rushed to the Italian Hospital and was then transferred to the Burn Unit in The Children’s Hospital. According to what the parents were told, the infant suffered serious burns that affected multiple layers of skin and superficial nerves.