Oh, man. If the beginning of the week is usually hard on my loyal Monday readers, I don’t even want to imagine what you’re going through after enjoying the long weekend. Waking up before 11 AM? No naps? What is this?
- Yesterday, Civic Coalition (part of the administration’s Cambiemos coalition) Deputy Elisa “Lilita” Carrió appeared on the political TV show La Cornisa and was as explosive as ever. She spoke out against a lot of people, from businessman Daniel Angelici (head of Boca Juniors and friend of President Mauricio Macri) to the Judicial system in general: “I have the feeling that Comodoro Py (i.e. National Federal Cassation Court) is laughing at the country,” she said.
- Argentina just got bigger! Literally. The UN approved the extension of Argentina’s maritime territory, giving it an extra 1.7 million square kilometers. This is allegedly key in the ongoing Malvinas Islands sovereignty issue.
- Because Barack Obama fever couldn’t end last Thursday, let’s take a look at a post he left on Facebook that got lots of attention: he posted a picture of the beautiful Bariloche area with a message on fighting climate change. We’ll miss you too, Obama.
- Clarín got upset that Macri has Snapchat on the grounds that he is “exclusively giving [original] content to a foreign media company.” I’m sure he’ll be giving you more interviews to compensate, Clarín… Snapchat’s just the shiny new toy (and also not a media company, but a social media platform).
- Uber is set to open business in the City of Buenos Aires: the company is calling for drivers and apparently you’ll be able to download the app soon. There’s no official arrival date but with the capital’s intense taxi lobby, it looks like war. Read more: Uber Might Be Coming To Argentina Soon And Not Everyone Is Happy.
- The seven rugby players that spent 15 days in a Brazilian jail after getting into a fight at a club were released on Saturday, but are not yet allowed to return to Argentina.
- When faced with a golden opportunity to score yesterday, Quilmes’ Daniel Imperiale took center stage instead for the biggest football blooper of the year. This was later pinned to the poor state of the pitch but… just watch the video. *cringe*
Looking a bit like your Monday? At least now you can go forth and show yourself to be well informed. Be strong!