The tragedy that struck the concert hosted by Carlos, “el Indio” Solari, on Saturday in the city of Olavarría completely took over the headlines and the public conversation in Argentina. Musicians, journalists, politicians and other voices weighed in on the events with different analysis and messages. Some blamed the state for the lack of control, others placed it on the company that organized the concert, and some took on Solari himself. Here are their reactions.
Solari hasn’t made any public statements so far. On Sunday, a Facebook account handled by people close to him posted a message telling fans that the media was lying and asked them to not believe everything they were reading. Solari did testify before an Olavarría court yesterday and said the blame shouldn’t be placed on the company that organized the event.
Famous radio host Mario Pergolini, one of the most important voices in the country’s music world, didn’t argue whether Solari was to blame, but criticized the mentioned Facebook message, which he talked about as if it had come from him: “he can’t come out to say that the media is lying, it shouldn’t have been the first argument,” he said.
Furthermore, head of Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo organization, considered that the national state was to blame: “It can be seen right now, considering the policies that are being implemented. Those who are not with them is an enemy. I think that, had it been someone who agrees with their policies, this abandonment wouldn’t have happened,” said Carlotto in an interview with Radio Del Plata.