Calling all hipsters! This Thursday, November 6th is Buenos Aires´ sixth annual “Night of the Record Stores” or La Noche de las Disquerías for those too cool for translations.
If you happen to find any time free between dusting vinyls and pondering Proust, the evening appears to be shaping up to be a wet dream for those nostalgic for a time before iTunes or Spotify.
Organized by CAPIF with the aid of the City’s Secretariat of Culture, a bevy of local artists are to perform at a number of record stores while 30 stores in total will offer major discounts and promotions. Bargain vinyls, CDs and cassette tapes.
The fun will begin at 6:00 PM at Disquería Zivals, at Corrientes and Callao, with a show from singer Cucuza Castiello. Other artists to perform will include Leo García, Nito Mestre, Alfredo Piro, Esteban Morgado, Sol Pereyra, Diego Frenkel and 107 Faunos.
Last year saw over 40,000 attendees, so make sure to check it out before things get too “mainstream”.
El Centro (Downtown BA)
Zivals – Av. Callao 395
- 6:00 PM: Cucuza Castiello
- 6:45 PM: Hernán Brienza with Alejandro Guyot and Edgardo González
- 7:30 PM: Sol Pereyra
- 8:30 PM: Nito Mestre
- 9:30 PM: La Orquesta Inestable
- 20% discount of CDs and DVDs
Musimundo – Av. Corrientes 1753
- 9:00 PM: Leo García
- 30% discount with 3 or more DVDs or CDs
Other record stores that offer discounts and promotions: Silbando discos (Av. Corrientes 1543); El Perseguidor (Av. Corrientes 1718); El agujerito (Maipú 971 – Galería del Este – Local 10); CDisquería (Av. Corrientes 1274); Magimúsica (Av. Corrientes 1644); La cueva musical (Esmeralda 494); Oíd Mortales (Av. Corrientes 1145 – Local 17)
Notorious – Av. Callao 966.
- 7:30 PM: Malamada
- 8:30 PM: NanaeNada
- 9:30 PM: Esteban Morgado
- Discounts from 20% al 50%.
Inside Galería Bond Street (Av. Santa Fe 1670), Anthology (Local 7, subsuelo)
- Shows starting at 7:00 PM: Valle de Muñecas, Mi amigo invencible
- 20% discount
Other record stores that offer discounts and promotions: Thor (Local 51); El Ateneo Grand Splendid (Av. Santa Fe 1860. Descuento válido de 18 a 22 hs); Backstage (Av. Pueyrredón 1537)
photo credit: facebook.com/LaNocheDeLasDisquerias
RGS Music – Av. Corrientes 5233 Local 2.
- 6:30 PM: Javier Díaz González (tango)
- 7:15 PM: César Pavón Orquesta
- 7:45 PM: KEF – Orchestra of Jewish music
- 8:30 PM: Ignacia
- 9:00 PM: Diego Frenkel
- Starting at 6:00 PM, 20% discount off CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and vinyls
Piccolo y Saxo – Av. Santa Fe 3591
- 6:30 PM: Esteban Morgado
- 20% discount off CDs and DVDs
Miles Discos – Honduras 4969
- 8:30 PM: Alfredo Piro in an acoustic set
Naturaleza Música – Nicaragua 5935
- Starting at 6:00 PM: ¨Surfistas del Sistema¨ and other artists
- 20% discount and happy hour
Compakta – Pasaje El Lazo 3156. Local 7
- Shows starting at 8:00 PM: Ine Güemes, Gioannin
Mercurio – Av Santa Fe 2729. Primer piso. Local 42.
- Shows from 5:00 to 10:00 PM: Jirí Alvriv, Marina Fages, 107 Faunos, Guauchos
- Special promotions
Other record stores that offer discounts and promotions: Club del Disco en Artenomia Bar (Humboldt 1857); Tempo (Borges 1666); Rock `N Freud (Arenales 3337 – Local 2)
Samy Records – Av. San Martín 2450
- Disk signing with members from “De la Gran Piñata” (de 7:00 a 8:00 PM)
- 20% discounts off CDs and DVDs
Other record stores that offer discounts and promotions: LEF (Cuenca 2902); Kuky Music (Brasil 1160)