Are you a foodie? Are you obsessed with all things related to eating? Do you live in Buenos Aires? If so, The Bubble is looking for you.
Our Food Writer and Digital Content Creator role is for someone who loves to eat—and who reads, writes, and talks constantly about food. You have an ever-growing list of new restaurants you want to try. You have a pulse on which chefs, cooking styles, and trends are in the spotlight—and which ones are about to be. In this role, you’ll scour restaurant menus, blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube and the mind of every person you talk to for restaurant and eating tips, trends, and techniques that our audience of avid eaters can’t wait to devour.
- Experience with food editing, writing, and ideas generation: You understand what makes great copy and what makes great visuals
- Experience writing for video and/or social media, including how to optimize content and posts on different social media platforms
- Familiar with publishing content in a CMS.
- Able to use analytics to check performance and inform editorial strategy, and change course if necessary
- Experienced and have written for 2-3 years at a digital publication.
- Experience producing social-first content on one or more social media platforms
- Experience in video production, picture research and image editing skills, including using Adobe Photoshop, FinalCutPro, and/or Adobe Premiere
- Native English, Fluent Spanish
What are we looking for?
- A strong writer with a sophisticated yet relatable voice, with the ability to produce strong headlines
- Food focused, and loving all things related to food. You should be tapped into the social media influencers, writers, authors and all key players in the food, cocktail, and wine space.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to toggle between multiple teams and prioritize team needs
- Deadline-driven, goal oriented, meticulous, and highly organized
- Cool under pressure and flexible, ability to work at a fast pace
- Ability to package stories in exciting ways and looking for new ways to tell engaging stories
- Must be entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, detailed reader and creative thinker, able to plan and manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of the Bubble brand and voice
- Pitch and create 2-3 articles or digital content per day covering an array of restaurants, food, drink, and anything related.
- Manage the end-to-end creation of digital stories, including sourcing images, writing text, producing the story in a CMS, and working with the team to package the content for distribution.
- Work with the team to identify eCommerce stories that perform well on social and newsletters.
- Maintain evergreen stories with up-to-date product recommendations..
- Work with the editorial team to identify new content verticals to test.
- Create social-first video, graphic, image-based content optimized for different platforms
In order to apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject: “(Your name & last name), Food Writer Position”. Please include your CV and at least three writing samples.