Happy birthday La Boca!
Tomorrow, Buenos Aires will be celebrating the colorful, proudly working class port neighborhood’s 146th anniversary all day long. Starting at 10:30 AM, a whole slew of FREE activities will kick off on Pedro de Mendoza Avenue and Almirante Brown, including shows, parades, art installations, and food stalls, with most of the performances taking place (logically) on the main stage. All the major institutions located in La Boca are said to be getting in on the fun too.
Here’s the rundown on specific events
- 10:30 AM Día de La Boca Ceremony. The Honorable Citizen award is set to be given out to Adriana Rosenberg, head of the PROA Foundation | La Boca Museum
- 11:00 AM Puppet show | Teatro de la Ribera (FREE)
- 11:45 AM Historical recreation of the “Porteros de Langdon” battle of 1853, where general Bartolomé Mitre was seriously injured
- 12:00 to 10:00 PM Food fair
- 2:00 to 3:00 PM Children’s activities: “Los Títeres del Transbordador”
- 3:00 PM – El Andador: theatre for adults | Teatro de la Ribera (FREE entry one hour ahead of the show)
- 5:30 to 8 PM – Bands of street musicians and a comedy musical group
- 9:00 PM – Live music | Main Stage
Rain date September 4th.