Photo via Clarín

As Buenos Aires Province Security Minister Cristian Ritondo confirmed yesterday that no more bodies were found following the tragic concert held by “El Indio” Solari on Saturday in Olavarría, the media’s attention pivoted to the other two big questions that emerged after the chaos: the whereabouts of the people who are still missing four days after the concert and who was responsible for the pandemonium.

Olavarria Mayor Ezequiel Galli testified yesterday before prosecutor Susana Alonso, who is currently investigating what caused the deaths of Javier León and Juan Francisco Bulacio. Just like Solari, Galli has so far been labeled a witness in the incidents of Saturday night. This could change in the future, depending on what course the investigation takes.

In contrast, the owners of the company in charge of the show’s organization are being considered suspects, although Alonso hasn’t charged them with a specific crime yet.

For now, the Security Ministry of the Buenos Aires province still hasn’t been able to determine the actual number of people who haven’t made it to their homes yet, and whose identities their friends and family have been posting on social media since Sunday. This is because even though the government confirmed it didn’t find any more bodies in Olavarría nor in the near districts, several people who are still missing haven’t been reported to the police.

Until last night, police were able to identify six of the seven people who had been reported missing by their families after the concert. The only one left to find from that list is a 40-year-old man, Jesús Suárez, from La Matanza.

However, there are at least 20 other families from different parts of the country who continue to look frantically for their relatives through social media. Olavarría’s Chief of police, Mario Bustos, said that there are only 20 people still stranded in the city, and that the situation “will go back to normal tomorrow.”

In the legal front, an Olavarria court is moving forward with an investigation to determine the responsibility of all the parts involved in the tragedy. So far, Solari and Galli have testified as witnesses, but this could change in the future, depending on whether the prosecution decides to blame either of them for Saturday’s incidents.

Ezequiel Galli. Photo via Perfil
Ezequiel Galli. Photo via Perfil

Galli testified yesterday and, according to Clarín, tried by all means to place the blame on the two owners of the company in charge of organizing the event, Matías and Marcos Peuscovich. The newspaper says Galli insisted that the contract between City Hall and the producers established that the city was responsible for whatever happened outside the venue. All organization and security protocols inside the venue were responsibility of the production company.

However, the media yesterday published an audio in which Galli could be heard saying that his administration was considering the possibility that more people would attend the concert than the venue could hold.

In an interview after his administration secured the rights to the concert, Galli said he was happy about having been able to make it happen, and that they expected “at least 200,000 people” to attend. Galli himself confirmed after the tragedy that the venue couldn’t hold more than 200,000 people.

And that’s not all, because minutes later Galli went on to say that people in his administration were even anticipating that twice that many people would arrive in the city for the Indio Solari show.

The production company’s owners are in a more complicated situation, as the prosecutor pressed charges against them. She still hasn’t determined what she has charged them with, but she considers them to be potentially responsible for the events that took place in the concert.

Yesterday police raided the hotel where the Peuscovich brothers stayed during the show and their offices in capital, seizing computers and cellphones that could have important information for the investigation.