As search operations seem to be drawing to a close in Olavarría, Carlos “El Indio” Solari has finally come out to comment informally on the tragic events of his Saturday night show in Olavarría. The short statement, which the singer posted on a friend’s Facebook wall, was accompanied by a letter that Solari had composed before the concert took place. The Paco Urondo news outlet has since reproduced both texts publicly, with permission from the musician – at least according to his friend and biographer Marcelo Figueras.

Referring to the events of this weekend, which left two concertgoers dead and dozens of others injured, Solari complained about the information provided by the media in the last few days. Neglecting to give specific remarks on the incidents or the on-going investigation, the musician merely added: “Reading the news, today I find myself in the spotlight once more, a position that exceeds me.”

As for the accompanying letter, which the ex “Redondito de ricota” singer and front man allegedly wrote before the show, he expressed he felt he was being forced to “define himself politically” and deny accusations that he is a kirchnerist “activist”. He also made clear his intention of stepping out of the limelight once again as soon as the concert was over, “to take a break that’ll allow me to watch my health.” The plan was made pretty much impossible given the controversy that has followed his appearance on Saturday night.

Responding to those who have labelled him an activist Solari wrote: “I’ve reacted to decisions taken by the Kirchner administration, whenever I was asked in interviews, with praise, like any other civilian might. For many, that’s transformed me into a ‘Kirchner rat’.”

“I am a man of psychedelia and therefore I share, along with a few others, a different vision than the one that abounds in the society,” he added.

Marcelo Figueras, Solari’s friend and biographer, emphasized later on his own Facebook account that the text had not been an official statement from the star, “nor everything that he thought about what happened on Saturday.”  “It’s an informal communication that the agency (Paco Urondo) asked him for permission to publish. If there is an official release, when the right moment arrives, it will be identified in such a way that there will be no doubt about it.” So, for now, it looks like the wait for an official statement continues.

On a positive note, the few remaining people who had been officially reported as missing after the concert in Olavarría have now been located and the Buenos Aires Province Ministry of Security has confirmed that no formal reports remain, although raking operations still continue in the area.

According to the police, 29-year-old Jesús Juárez was found last night “wandering around the Lobos lagoon” and was later “admitted to the Luján neuropsychiatric hospital Open Door.”

Two more people, who had not in fact been reported formally but whose disappearances had been made known in the media, also turned up during last night and the early hours of this morning. One of them was Tierra del Fuego resident Anabella Quiroga, whose search was being led by Red Solidaria. The other, César Barreca from Olavarría, had been admitted to hospital at about 9pm on Saturday after collapsing at the concert but his family had not heard anything of him.

According to social media users, some searches still seem to be underway but no official confirmation has been given regarding their status since they have not been formally reported.