Every Friday and Saturday during January, the Buenos Aires City Government is welcoming food lovers and movie buffs to the Patio de los Lecheros, in Caballito, to catch a solid Argentine movie while getting their grub on with a whole slew of food trucks serving up some seriously delicious comida para llevar.
The idea is that porteños and visitors to the city get to do something a little different during January. The events are organized by BA Capital Gastronómica, the sector in charge of positioning Buenos Aires as Latin America’s gastronomic capital. Also it’s BYOBC – bring your own beach chair. Neighbors are even invited to take their own chair or reposera to watch the films:
- Friday 13th | Permitidos | 9 PM
- Saturday 14th | Metegol (9 PM) | Un novio para mi mujer (11.30 PM)
- Friday 20th | Una noche de amor | 9 PM
- Saturday 21th | Tiempo de valientes (9 PM) | Relatos salvajes (11.30 PM)
- Friday 27th | Me casé con un boludo | 9 PM
- Saturday 28th | Nueve reinas (9 PM) | Un ciudadano ilustre (11.30 PM)
The place chosen for the activity is not a coincidence either. The now Patio de los Lecheros was once the train station where milkmen, mostly immigrants, used to wait for the train that brought the milk to Buenos Aires from the interior. The building was abandoned in 1961, when the Government banned unpasteurised milk, and was remodelled in 2016.
Fridays and Saturdays during January from 7 PM to 2 AM
El patio de los lecheros | Avenida Donato Álvarez and Bacacay in Caballito
Everything’s free except for the food.