The 42nd edition of the Buenos Aires International Book Fair kicks off today at 2PM and it will be on until 9th May at La Rural (Sarmiento 2704). This is a pretty big deal. Alongside London, Frankfurt, São Paulo and Guadalajara, it is among the five most important book fairs in the world.
The event unites everyone and anyone from the literary world — authors, librarians, publishers, editors, booksellers, teachers and of course books worms — for two weeks of intellectual exchange, talks, conferences, debates, book presentations, and more. Thousands of activities, they say. You can check out the day-to-day program here.
Here what you need to know, for now:
- Monday to Friday: 2PM to 10PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 1PM to 10PM
- Monday to Thursday: AR$50
- Friday to Sunday: AR$70
- Three day pass: AR$100
Who gets in for free?
- Everyday: 12 years old and under, school trips, persons with disabilities.
- Monday to Friday: Teachers, students, retirees.
- On Monday 15th April and Monday 2nd May it is free for anyone with a SUBE card.